Tomato Pickle Recipe
• 4 large Ripe Tomatoes
• 3 fresh Red Chilies (minced)
• 1 tbsp Garlic (minced)
• 1 tbsp Ginger (minced)
• 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
• 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
• 1 tsp Coriander Powder
• 1 tbsp Mustard Seeds (roasted)
• 1 tbsp Mustard Oil
• 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp Fenugreek Seeds
• 10 pods Garlic (sliced)
• 1/8 cup Green Onions (chopped)
How to make Tomato Pickle:
• Roast tomatoes in oven for about 30 minutes, or until charred.
• Remove charred skin and reserve flesh in a bowl.
• Take oil in a pan, heat it and add cumin and mustard seeds.
• Fry them for few seconds then add chilies, garlic, ginger, asafetida, lime juice and salt; stir for a minute.
• In a blender combine all ingredients to form smooth paste-like mixture and transfer into a large bowl.
• Now again in a non-stick pan, heat one tablespoon of mustard oil, add fenugreek seeds until it turns dark.
• Add slices of garlic and fry till light brown. Pour the garlic-oil mixture and chopped green onions over the tomato mixture. Mix well and refrigerate for at least two hours.
• Tomato Pickle is ready to serve.
Find more gold charms and other gold necklaces at Birks.com.