Henna is a natural hair dye. Applying henna is good for the health of hair. Applying henna on hair not only helps to colour the hair but also helps to make hair smooth and shiny. Read on to know more about how you can apply henna on your hair.
Henna is a natural dye that you can apply on your hair to make it look shiny and make it strong and healthy too. It dyes your hair safely and even conditions them as well. The use of henna can be traced back to thousands of years. In addition to colouring and conditioning, it also helps you get rid of the split ends gradually. It helps detangle your hair and makes it manageable.
How to Colour Hair with Henna
* Take 100 to 150 grams of henna in a bowl. The quantity may differ depending on the length of your hair. Make sure the container or the bowl is made of plastic.
* Mix citrus juice to it so that it takes the consistency of yogurt.
* Cover the container with a plastic wrap and leave it overnight. There is no need to keep it in cool or warm temperature. Room temperature is good for that purpose.
How to Apply Henna on your Hair
* Wash your hair and dry it. Comb it into sections so that it is easy to apply henna. You should wear an old dress or wrap a towel around your shoulders. This is important because the stain of henna on clothes do not come out easily.
* Start from your neck and try to cover the entire hair string thoroughly. Apply henna paste in thick form and you can use your hands with gloves or take a squeeze bottle for the purpose.
* Make sure your complete hair is covered completely and there is no dry spots.
* Wrap your head with a plastic so that henna remains warm and moist and works well.
* Wipe the henna that has gotten on your forehead, neck and around your ears.
* Allow the henna to work for 2 to 3 hours so that you get the maximum out of it.
* You can wash your hair after this. First wash it with water so that every part of it gets washed off and then use a mild shampoo to wash the rest.
There are many benefits of using henna and if you use it in natural form you will be able to get the maximum out of it. There is black henna powder also available in market but that is mixed with some artificial dye. Remember, natural henna will never give you black hair. The colour of the hair will be burgundy. If you want to get the maximum profit of henna, use it naturally.
If you use black henna you will get black hair but you are likely to suffer from the side effects that are results of artificial dyes. Henna, in natural form is not only used as dye, young girls use it as a good conditioner and the only difference is that they do not leave it for 2 – 3 hours after applying on their hair. If you want to colour your hair without damaging it, henna is the best thing for you. It will also add a gentle and natural touch to your hair along with colouring it. If you use it at regular intervals, you will see that it nourishes your hair and conditions it making it soft and manageable. Some of the people get red while others get brownish red colour after applying henna to their hair.